The most advanced search feature is: "Search inside"
How "Search inside" works:
- In the search box start typing the name of a person (or other item).
- Once the intended person is selected (by either being the first in the search list, or highlighted in grey).
- To "Search inside", press: Tab
- Next, "Search inside" that person by typing your second search.
- Use the arrow keys to go up and down.
- Once you've selected the correct row, press: Enter
Example: Search for "John's" birthday:
- Type "jo" (John's name comes to the top).
- Press: Tab
- Type "bi" ("Date of birth" comes to the top).
- Press: Enter
You're taken directly to John's birthday date.Updated: Sat, 25 Jul 2020. Keywords: tips, enhance, shortcut, quick, internal, search, inside, press, person, john, typing, selected, tab, enter, birthday, type, date, advanced, feature, how, works, box, start, item, intended, list, highlighted, grey, arrow, keys, correct, row, birth, directly. Headings: `Does search have keyboard shortcuts?`, `How do I use search?`, `What's search inside?`, `How can I search more quickly?`
Was this article helpful?