- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- The employee and employer must keep a copy of this form for their records.
- For forms received by February 28, mail the original form on or before March 31.
- Mail this form to:
Withholding Tax Section
Office of State Tax Commissioner
600 E Boulevard Ave. Dept 127
Bismarck ND 58505-0599
- Residents of Montana and Minnesota don't have to pay North Dakota income tax on wages you earn for work in North Dakota.
- For residents of Minnesota, the exemption only applies if the employee returns to their permanent residence in Minnesota at least once a month.
- Employees must complete this form by February 28 of the calendar year for which you'd like to apply or inside 30 days after you begin working or change permanent residence.
- To be used by residents of Montana and Minnesota to file exemption from North Dakota withholding tax.