OK OK-W-4 certificate W-4
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who've got changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Employees claiming Military Spouse Exempt must also complete form OW-9-MSE.
- Employees may change their state withholding rates by completing this form.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It's also for employees who've recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.