"How does a person's P60 get sent each year?"
The P60 shows how much tax a person's paid during the tax year. It's automatically emailed when their last paystub is paid for the end of the tax year.
To pay a person's last paystub in a tax year and send their P60:
- First, during the month of March, select the person's pay batch on: MenuPay batches
- Now, on the "To-do" tab, look for: "Payday ... P60s are sent"
- That payday is the last paystub to be paid before the end of the tax year, ending on April the 5th.
- Next, tap the payday, so it slides out on the right.
- Normally you'd pay everyone. But for now, you can uncheck everyone, and then check the people you're ready to pay.
- Then tap Pay now, and then: Yes ... pay it
- It usually takes 15 to 20 seconds for HMRC to finish processing the paystubs and send back confirmation that it's been received.
- Also, because it's the last paystub before the end of the tax year, each person's P60 is also being emailed.
- The emailing happens automatically, in the background. The P60s are emailed to each person's personal email as a PDF attachment.
- Once it's been filed successfully, and the P60s are emailed, you'll see a green check beside the people that you've paid.
- On most paydays, each person normally only gets one email which contains their paystub PDF.
- On the P60 payday, however, each person also gets their P60, as a PDF, which is sent in a second email.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email to see the P60 attached as a PDF, and tap it to open it.
- The P60 includes the person's total pay for the year.
- And finally, it also includes the person's total tax deducted for the year.
Keep in mind that:
- If a person hasn't entered a personal email, their P60 is sent to their work email instead.
- Also, check that your P60 is stored somewhere safe.
- You could later need your P60 to do your tax return, claim tax credits, or claim Universal Credit.
To learn more:
- About how to prove a person's P60 was sent, or how to re-download a copy of it, watch the video on: Finding a sent P60
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about how P60s are automatically sent!
"How do I find a previously sent P60, or prove it's been sent?"
Sometimes a person may ask you for another copy of their P60. If so, you'll need to re-download their P60.
To re-download a person's P60:
- First, select the person on: MenuPeople
- To see their P60, tap: TaxTax forms history
- Then tap the row that says: "P60 Personal summary sent"
- To re-download a copy of the person's original P60, tap the "PDF" button.
- While you're waiting for it to download, to see more details about when it was sent, tap the blue "more" link.
- You'll also see the address that was used when the person's P60 was originally emailed.
- And finally, once the P60's downloaded, you can open it as a PDF, or send it on to the person who's requesting it.
You may notice:
- Re-downloading a P60 can be done by the person themselves.
- Even people with no special permissions can see and download any of their own tax forms.
Keep in mind that:
- Even if a person's been deleted, you can always re-download their P60, even years later.
- You don't need to undelete the person to download their P60.
- Also, if you don't want the cover pages included in the P60 PDF download, tap the blue switch to turn it off:
To learn more:
- About what to do if the person's P60 isn't listed, and may never have been sent, watch the video on: Sending a P60
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about finding a person's P60, and proving it's been sent!