"How do I use email signatures?"
To add your org's email signature to the end of your emails:
- First go to click over to: Menu, then click yourself.
- On your person page, go over to: More > Email signature
- Then, click Copy email signature to copy your signature.
By the way, this is optional, but if you wanted a preview of how it looks in your email inbox, just click Send test email This would send you your signature in a test email. Also, If you wanted to see the HTML used for this signature, you could click Show HTML at the bottom of the page.
- Next, in your browser, log in to Gmail and click the settings cog at the top, then click: See all settings
- Once in settings, scroll down to "Signature" and click: Create new
- Now give your new signature a name, and click: Create
- Now you'll see the signature box. Paste your signature into this box.
- Then, select your signature name under "Signature defaults".
- Finally, scroll down and click Save Changes at the bottom.
Now, when you compose a new email, your email signature will show at the bottom of the email.
By the way, to prevent your email signature from getting too large, only the first 8 contact details will ever be shown.
And that's it! That's all you need to do to use the email signature feature.
"How do I customise the format of my org's email signature?"
Email signatures make it easy for people in your org to have their up-to-date contact info presented in a consistent email signature format. It gives your org consistency.
To customise your Org's default email signature:
- First open your org by going to: Menu > Orgs
- Then, click your way to: Settings > Default email signature
From here you can make any changes you'd like to your Org's default email signature. Any changes you make here will show up on everybody's personal email signature.
Let's do a simple change as an example:
- Currently, if you click See your sig, the email signature says "Sincerely".
- We'll now switch "Sincerely" to "All the best".
- Now, to preview this change, simply click See your sig again.
- Now you can see that it says "All the best", just like you typed in.
By the way, this is optional, but if you wanted to see how it looks in your email inbox:
- Just click: Send test email
- Then go check your email.
For advanced users, feel free to pick and choose from the additional inserts that are available by clicking here.
And that's it! Go ahead and make as many changes as you like to customise your Org's default email signature!