"How do I create a location?"
To create a location:
- First click: Menu > Locations > New location
- Once it's open, type in the name of the location.
- Next, choose the country.
- Then, start typing the address, and it'll automatically suggest matching addresses.
- Once you've clicked the address you're looking for, it'll show that the address is verified with this green check.
- Optionally, you can also scroll down to "Notes" and click the arrow to the right. Then, type out all the notes you want to share to people in this location. You can even format your notes using markdown!
- Once you're done, click: Save
To make your location stand out, you can also change the color and image to whatever you prefer.
And that's it! That's all you need to do to create a location!
"How do I add people to a location?"
There's two ways to add people to a location.
For the first way:
- Click over to: Menu > Locations, and open the location that you want to add a person to. In this example, we'll choose the "Warehouse" location.
- Once it's open, scroll down and click: Add people
- On the right side, click each person you want to add. In this example, we're just going to add Ahmed.
- Finally, click Save, and now you'll see Ahmed show up in the list.
For the second way to add a person to a location:
- Click: Menu > People, and open the person that you'd like to set the location for. In this example, we're going to open Clara.
- Once it's open, click your way to: Settings > Location > Work location
- Next, select the location you'd like to set for Clara. In this example, we'll choose the "Warehouse" location.
- And finally, click: Save
Now, click over to: Menu > Locations, and open the "Warehouse" location.
Once it's open, you'll see both Ahmed and Clara have now been added to the "Warehouse" location.
You can also easily see how this location now looks in the org chart. Simply click the org chart button at the top, and it'll open a view of how the location now looks.
And that's it! That's both of the ways to add a person to a location.
"How do I delete or undelete a location?"
If you no longer need the location and want to delete it:
- Click on: More > Delete
- Then click: Yes ... delete
- Before deleting, you may be asked to move out the people in this location.
- To easily move everyone to an alternative location, click Replace all
- Then click: Save
Once everyone's moved out, and the location's deleted, it's locked and nothing in this location can be edited.
If you change your mind and want it back again just click Undelete, but you'll still have to move the people back in again.
And that's it! That's all you need to do to delete a location!