"How do I see all changes made to a person, location, etc?"
To see all the changes to a person, location, or anything else in 1st Money go to: More > History
By default, history shows you changes made over the last 30 days. To show changes over the last 90 days:
- Click: Show settings > Dates > Previous 90 days
To see more detail on any change, just click the row. For example, here's what we see when we click Sophia's change of manager from Clara to Wayne.
As you'd expect, some change history is considered private. If a user doesn't have "View ... payroll admin" permissions, then private changes, like a change in pay, will have some details hidden.
For example, here, we're logged in as a person who's got "Full org admin" but is limited to "No payroll admin" permissions.
As an org admin:
- You can see most of another person's change history.
- However, if an org admin isn't also a payroll admin, they can't see what a person's pay was changed to.
- When an org admin clicks on the row showing a change in pay rate, their access is limited.
- They can see who made the change, and when it was changed, just not the amount.
The org admin could instead copy a link to this item in change history by:
- Clicking the three-dots.
- Then "Copy link".
- The org admin could then send that link to a payroll admin to review.
If an org admin wants to know who can see it, they can just click this "payroll admins" link.
- Now it lists all the people who do have payroll admin permissions.
- These admins would be able to see the rate the pay was changed to.
And that's it! That's how you can look up any change in 1st Money ... even going back years!
"How do I see who's made changes to a field?"
As a company, multiple people often have admin permissions to make changes. It's sometimes useful to see what changes were made, who made the changes, and when. 1st Money has full change history built-in. History's where you go to see everybody's changes.
Here's the easiest way to see who's made changes to a field.
- First, hover your mouse over the row where the field is, for example, the name of this location.
- This reveals three-dots on the far left.
- When you click the three-dots, a menu opens.
- Then, when you click the "History" button on this menu, a panel slides out on the right, listing the change history for this row.
Here we can see that there's been changes to this location's name, and also to its icon and color. These changes were made by at least 4 different people.
This listing, by default, shows any changes that've happened to these fields over the last 36 months.
To lengthen or shorten this date range:
- Simply click: Show settings > Dates
- Then choose a date range.
To see more details about just one of the changes, click on the row. You'll now see further details appear on the right.
And that's it! That's how you can see a history of any change to any field in 1st Money, even going back years!