"How do I tell HMRC about changes to my company's bank account?"
Keeping HMRC updated with changes to your company's bank account details allows them to always have the correct account to send any tax refunds to.
To tell HMRC about changes to your company's bank account details:
- First, select the pay batch on: MenuPay batches
- Then tap: FormsEPS monthly
- Once the EPS monthly is open, if there's already "Bank account changes" to send, the heading is already checked and expanded.
- However, in some cases, you may not have updated the pay batch's bank account details yet.
- To update the pay batch's bank account details, tap the "Bank account changes" heading to expand it.
- If it says that there's "no changes detected", then tap the blue "Bank to source payments from" link.
- Make your changes to the banking details, and tap: Save
- Check the new banking details that've been automatically detected.
- If there's any further changes to make, you can tap any "Edit" button:
- And finally, if you're all ready to send it to HMRC, tap: File with HMRC (at the bottom)
Keep in mind that:
- Changes to the details of your "Bank to source payments from" are automatically detected, including when you set them for the first time.
- Anytime there's a change detected, you'll be prompted to re-send them to HMRC on the next EPS.
- HMRC uses the pay batch's details to know where to pay tax refunds.
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about telling HMRC about changes to your bank details!
Was this page helpful?