"How do I add observers to a project?"
Adding a person as a project observer allows them to see all the "Attendance" reports on a single project.
To add observers to a project:
- First, select the project on: MenuProjects
- Once it's open, scroll down and tap: Add observer
- Once it slides out on the right, tap each person you want to add as an observer.
- You can add as many observers as you'd like to any project.
- Then tap: Save
- And finally, you'll now see them all added to the project, in the "Observers" list.
Keep in mind that:
- Only owners and people who've got "Full org admin" permissions can add observers to projects.
- Anyone can be an observer. Observers don't have to already be an org admin.
- The main reason to add a person as a project observer is to allow an outsider to see "Attendance" reports on a single project. Rest assured, observers can't see anything else in your org.
Now, switching person. You're now logged in as an observer.
To understand what observers can see and do:
- Observers can see all of the project's "Attendance" reports.
- Observers can see the project's workers, owners, and observers.
To understand what observers can't do:
- Observers still don't get access to anything else in your whole org.
- Observers can't see the project's notes or bookmarks.
- Observers can't change things like people's job titles or other employment info. Only org admins can do such changes.
- Observers can't see people's pay info. Only payroll admins can see pay info.
- Observers can't clock-in timesheet time for the project. If you need clocked-in timesheet time, add them as a worker as well.
- Observers can't add new projects, change the name of the project, or delete the project. Only org admins can do such changes.
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about adding observers to a project!
Was this page helpful?