"How do I set a pay batch's Unique Taxpayer Reference?"
The Unique Taxpayer Reference, or UTR, is a 10-digit code that uniquely identifies you or your business. Your UTR is used by HMRC whenever HMRC is dealing with your tax.
To set a pay batch's UTR:
- First, select the pay batch on: MenuPay batches
- Then click: SettingsTax settings
- Next, you'll need to decide if you're doing your Tax Filing as a company or a sole trader.
- And then you can type in your 10-digit UTR code.
- If you need help finding your UTR, click the link to HMRC's website, and rea d HMRC's advice.
- And finally, click: Save
Keep in mind that:
- Each pay batch can have a different UTR, or all your pay batch's can all share the same UTR. It's up to you.
- Each time you click Pay now, your UTR is included, when your Tax Filing's sent to HMRC.
- Once the UTR is set, there normally isn't any reason to change it.
- If you're still waiting for your UTR to be sent to you, from HMRC, you can still run Pay now as long as you've set up your HMRC connection.
To learn more:
- About setting up your HMRC company connection, watch the video on: HMRC Tax Filing company connection
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about setting a pay batch's Unique Taxpayer Reference!
Was this page helpful?