"How do I set up a HMRC Tax Filing company connection?"
Before sending paid paystubs to HMRC, you first need an "HMRC Tax Filing" connection. There's two ways to connect. A paid preparer connection, or a company connection.
To set up your company connection to HMRC:
- First, select the pay batch on: MenuPay batches
- Then tap: SettingsHMRC Tax Filing
- Now type in your: Accounts Office reference
- You can find it on the welcome letter HMRC sent when you first registered as an employer.
- Also type in your: Employer PAYE reference
- It's also found on the welcome letter, in your Government Gateway account, or on other letters and emails from HMRC.
- Next, type in your company's: Government Gateway user ID
- And then your: Government Gateway password
- Tap: Save
- All your details are now being checked by HMRC. In a few seconds you'll see the confirmation message.
- Once you get the confirmation message, your pay batch's all connected to HMRC.
- And finally, you're now ready to submit payroll each payday. You won't have to set your connection details again.
Keep in mind that:
- Your "HMRC Tax Filing" connection is used for FPS and EPS submissions. It's also used for verifying National Insurance numbers.
- If you've got more than one pay batch, you'll need to do the connection steps again, for each of your other pay batches as well.
- If multiple pay batches all belong to the same company, reuse the exact same ID and password for each pay batch.
- Also, if you're choosing between a company connection, or a paid preparer connection, it's recommended to pick the company connection.
- The advantage with a company connection is if the paid preparer's off sick, other people can fill in and do HMRC submissions.
To learn more:
- About setting up your HMRC paid preparer connection, watch the video on: HMRC Tax Filing paid preparer connection
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about setting up an HMRC Tax Filing company connection!
Was this page helpful?