"How do I set up my HMRC Tax Filing paid preparer connection?"
Before sending paid paystubs to HMRC, you first need an "HMRC Tax Filing" connection. There's two ways to connect. A company connection, or a paid preparer connection.
To set up your paid preparer connection to HMRC:
- First, open yourself on: MenuMe
- Then tap: TaxPaid preparer
- And turn on: Are you an paid preparer, accountant, or bookkeeper?
- Next, scroll down to the "HMRC Tax Filing ... tax agent" heading.
- To learn how to set up the required logins, see the "GOV.UK" links.
- Then type in your: Government Gateway user ID
- And then your: Government Gateway password
- And tap: Save
- All your details are then checked by HMRC.
- And in a few seconds you'll get a confirmation message.
- Once you get the confirmation message, you'll see a green check confirming that you're all connected to HMRC.
- And you're now ready to submit payroll for your client companies each payday. You won't have to set your connection details again.
- If you ever need to check the connection, you can tap the blue "Test connection" link.
- If you ever need to update your password, you can tap the blue "Update password" link.
- And if you want to delete your connection, you can tap the blue "Disconnect" link.
- Optionally, you can also store your contact details to be sent with HMRC submissions.
- The contact details help HMRC know who to go to if HMRC has questions.
- And finally, as an paid preparer, you're now ready to send paid paystubs to HMRC on behalf of any of your client companies.
Keep in mind that:
- Only the person, themselves, can set up their own paid preparer connection to HMRC.
- Other users, including admins, can't see the paid preparer page, on behalf of another person.
- Also, if you're choosing between a company connection, or an paid preparer connection, it's recommended to pick the company connection.
- The advantage with a company connection is if the paid preparer's off sick, other people can fill in and do HMRC submissions.
To learn more:
- About setting up your HMRC company connection, watch the video on: HMRC Tax Filing company connection
And that's it! That's all you need to do to set up your HMRC Tax Filing paid preparer connection!
Was this page helpful?