"How do I use the confidential notes?"
The "Confidential notes" page is a place to write notes that're only available to people who've got full payroll admin permissions.
To add to a person's confidential notes:
- First, select the person on: MenuPeople
- Then click: PayConfidential notes
- Click into the "Confidential notes" box.
- And type in your notes.
- And finally, click: Save
You may decide to add "Confidential notes" about:
- Disciplinary actions.
- Changes in pay rate.
- Managerial decisions.
- Notes about final pay.
- And much more.
To see a history of previously recorded notes:
- First, hover your mouse over: Confidential notes
- Then next to "Confidential notes", click the three dots: (on the far left)
- Then click: History
- And finally, a panel slides out on the right, listing all the notes that've been recorded in the past.
Keep in mind that:
- The "Confidential notes" won't be visible to org admins or regular people.
- In addition, even if you're a full payroll admin yourself, you can't see the "Confidential notes" page about yourself.
For advanced usage:
- Remember, that any employee may have the right to request a copy of their own: Confidential notes
- The employee may have request rights under GDPR article 15: "Right of access by the data subject"
And that's it! That's everything you need to know about using confidential notes!
Was this page helpful?